Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Know My Savior Lives

Recently, some of us missionaries took part in a musical fireside in Red Lodge, Montana. It was a very neat and spiritual experience for me and hopefully for all those who were in attendance. The fireside was titled Truth Restored and the theme was basically about Jesus Christ and how His Church that He set up, has been brought back to the earth today through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I was asked to give a a short testimony about the Christ for the fireside and that is what I would like to talk about again. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God. I know that He was born of the virgin Mary about  2000 years ago. He walked this earth performing many miracles from giving the blind their sight, to even raising the dead. I know that He had the authority from God to perform all the miracles He performed. I know that He performed the Atonement for each and every one of us. He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the Cross on Calvary for the sins, pains and sicknesses of His people. He suffered for us all so we could have the opportunity to conquer sin and temptations in our personal lives. I know Christ performed the Atonement out of pure love for us. I know that He was resurrected on the 3rd day like He said He would and I know that He lives today! I know that because Christ lives today, we too shall live again with perfect immortal bodies of flesh and bone. I know that it is only through our loving Savior Jesus Christ that we can receive exhaltation with Him and our Heavenly Father. I know that Christ lives, He knows each and every one of us personally and He knows what we are going through when we have a tough time with life. If we will but turn to Him for help and guidance, He will carry us through our trials. I know that my Redeemer lives and throgh Him we can do ALL things!

No comments:

Post a Comment