Saturday, February 12, 2011

Let Him in


Recently my comanion and I were visiting someone's home here in Laurel, Montana. She has this picture of Christ knocking at the door with no handle. She wanted to know what scripture that picture was related to, so what did we do, well we looked it up and showed it to her. The reference is Revelation 3:20 which reads; "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." I love this picture because it has so much meaning behind it but let me share a few thoughts I have about this scripture. First, Christ isn't going to force Himself to come into our lives. He is willing to let us exercise our agency to see if we will let Him in ourselves. Christ is right at our door, waiting and wanting to come into our lives but we have to let him in. Once we show our love for the Savior and let Him in, He will enter in and bless us more than we can imagine. We just need to exercise that faith and trust in God and Jesus Christ that if we let Him come into our lives, then we know He will be there for us, lift us up when we are down, and carry us through our afflictions and even give us the joy we all seek in this life. I know that the Savior is right there on our doorstep just waiting to come in, all we need to do is exercise a little faith and open the door and He will come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment