Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Love of God

     I wanted to share a pretty powerful experience I had a couple four or five months back. I was serving in the town of Glasgow, Montana. Glasgow is a pretty small town and I loved serving there. There are some great people there whom I grew to love and appreciate. Anyways, at this time, I wasn't really down or depressed or anything. I've been blessed to have a positive attitude for the most part during tough times on my mission, but I just really wanted God to show me that He loved me.
     So, like it says in James 1:5, if we lack wisdom, we ask God, I decided to pray to my Father in Heaven, asking Him to show me in someway, that He truly loved me. Now, I grew up believing that we have a God in Heaven who loves us, and I still believed that when I asked my prayer, I just wanted a confirmation that what I had believed my whole life was in fact true.


     Now, I was told once that if we want to talk to God, we pray, and if we want God to talk to us, we read the scriptures. If I remember right, that same day I prayed asking God to show He loved me, I was reading in my scriptures and I was reading in the New Testament in the Book of 1 John of all books. Let me share a few verses from that chapter;
 7 "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
 8 "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him." 
Most of this chapter talks all about how God is love, love is of God, etc. and as I was reading this, I almost got a little annoyed with it because it kept saying that God is love. At that exact moment when I got a little bugged, the Spirit pretty much slapped me in the face and some words came into my head like, "Look, maybe God is trying to tell you here that He truly loves you." Or something to that effect. When I realized that, I got a sense of calm, peace, and comfort and I knew, with all my heart that God does in fact know me personally and He really does love me! 
 
 

I would like to testify to you all that God loves each and every one of us with a perfect love! He knows us and each of our situations and He is always there for us, whenever we may need Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment