Saturday, May 12, 2012

Momma Dirt

     So its time to give a little tribute to Mothers and of course my mother. Tonya Brinkerhoff Neilson, what an awesome woman she is! Moms are just the best there is no doubt about it! Since I've gotten older and especially since I've been on my mission, I've realized that my mom raised me the way she did because she loves me and wanted me to me the best I could be, even when at times I may have wanted to be a little rebellious or thought that she didn't know anything. I have definitely come to find out that moms are ALWAYS right!

     "Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ... Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children" (The Family: A Proclamation to the World). I can definitely say that my mom has done her part in raising my siblings and I upon the foundations that God has planned for families. She has been such a great example to me on how to live my life. From cleaning my room to how to treat a girl on a date.  She would often remind me when I would leave my house to "Remember who you are and what you stand for." I really appreciate those friendly reminders she would give me and they will stick with me throughout my life

     In the Book of Mormon there is a group of young men, whose fathers had died for what they believed in so they had their mothers to teach them the principles of the gospel. And what a great job their mothers did. When facing a decision to go to battle being so young, the record says the following of these valiant boys,
"Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
 "And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."
     My mom has done just that with me. She has taught me to live my life in such a way that will bring me the greatest happiness of all. I am so grateful for my mom and what she has taught me and how she has raised me! She truly is my biggest fan! I love you mom! Thanks and Happy Mothers Day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dust,I have had enough bawling for a week though, but thank you so much for living your life in the way that you have been taught those are the tender mercies of a mom. Just continue living the way you know you should and you will always be happy, and yes you will have trials but we get through them with our faith and love for our Savior. Thanks again for your example and love of the Savior. Your awesome. Your BIGGEST FAN Mom. Love you more!!!

    ReplyDelete