Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Become Like Christ



     Christ tells us in the scriptures that we are to follow Him and become like Him. In the Book of Mormon in 3 Nephi 27:27 Christ says, "Therefore what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am." We are commanded to be like our Savior Jesus Christ. How can we do that? We can strive to develop the attributes He has. Jesus Christ set the ultimate example for us to follow. He, along with Heavenly Father love us so much that They want us to become like Christ so we can live worthy enough to enter into Their presence when we go out of this mortal life. The next series of posts I will blog about are in fact Christlike Attributes we need to develop so we can become like our Savior Jesus Christ.
     This video is one of the primary songs that the children of the church sing, being performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir titled, "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus". I hope it will set the mood for my next series of posts. Becoming like Christ is a lifelong process, but if we truly want to become like Him, then we will do all we can in order to do so. I know that Christ is our Exemplar and He has shown us the way so we can strive to become like Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment