Monday, April 18, 2011

We Believe.... Christlike Virtues

13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul- We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

Each year the youth of the Church as a whole have a theme to base their lives around to keep themselves steadfast and immovable and to keep themselves strong in their faith and testimonies of the gospel. This year, the 13th Article of Faith is the theme chosen for the youth. The youth in this video explain very well the meaning of this particular scripture.


Elder Ballard concludes this section of his book with these remarks.
     "With this eloquent statement of sincere Christian belief, Joseph Smith concluded the Articles of Faith, which in total comprise a powerful articulation of the practical religion that Latter-day Saints embrace and attempt to practice. It is positive and upbeat. It looks outward and upward. More than anything else, it is hopeful.
     "Hope is a precious principle by which to live. Hope grows out of faith and gives meaning and purpose to all that we do. It can even give us the peaceful assurance we need to live happily in a world that is ripe with iniquity, calamity, and injustice.
     "As the end of the Savior's mortal ministry drew near, He offered this reassuring hope to His beloved disciples: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14: 27).
     "That is the hope we cling to, as articulated by the Prophet Joseph Smith in the Articles of Faith. And the peace is promises to all mankind is "the peace of God, which passeth all understanding" (Philippians 4:7)."
     I know that what these young men, women, and apostle of the Lord have said are true. If we develop these attributes, we can become like our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that if we strive to incorporate these principles in our lives, then we will find that true happiness we deeply desire to have. I know these short 13 verses of scripture are our basic beliefs and all can come to know them to be true if they sincerely want to know and put forth their effort and faith to find out for themselves if what we believe is true. As a representative of Jesus Christ, I bear you my witness that what we believe is what the Lord Himself would have us believe and my life couldn't be more happy with this knowledge I have. I am thankful for these beliefs and they govern my life and help me to have more peace in this life and to help me become more like Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment